Jemima and Persis' Awesome Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

The secret.

Persis
I, Persis Bair Tashmond was pit pattering on the computer. I am half dragon, because my Mom is a white norrier. (A kind of dragon) So I am stuck with pointed ears and wings, and almost no friends. Almost. My only human friend is named Jemima. She lives in the blue rose kingdom, and I live in the White rose kingdom. My only other friend is Fred. He is a nalbanian groothbork, (also a kind of dragon) and lives all the way in Iceland.  So basically I am friendless. So anyway, I was pit pattering on the computer. I froze. I looked closely at my email. It was Jemima! I had my first email in nine months that wasn't my from my Dad or myself!  I had put my email on invisable, so Jemima wouldn't know I was on. I brought the arrow over to the email and clicked on it. When I saw it, I gasped. It said:

Persis, It's Jemima there is something I have to tell you and if I don't extremely bad things could happen. It's too important to tell you over email. Meet me at the purple rose kingdom in a week. that's how long it usually takes by flight. It's urgent. Yours Truly, Jemima

P.s
Bring your sword.

 I didnt know what to think. I just knew what I had to do. I slammed my blue and silver laptop shut, hopped off my bed and went over to  my dresser. There lay a small silver whistle. I had two, but I gave the other one to Jemima in case she ever needed to- Oh, I'll get to that later. Well, anyway, I took the whistle, placed it on my lips and blew. 
Fred would take it from there.





Jemima.
"I wish I could see her sometime soon" I thought , as I stared at a picture of Persis. "She would understand." I thought again...*sigh*..... I walked over to the window, I stared out at the yellowed field of wildflowers. They used to be so colorful and happy, but then Persis left. Persis had been my best friend and she still was, it was just a little more complicated now. "Well, I'm a bit hungry, I better go to the kitchen and see if there's anything to eat,"  I said, my stomach growled loudly. At this time my kingdom was in the middle of a big debate, a debate that was in someways my fault. Me and Persis were best friends but I was from the Blue rose kingdom and she was from the White rose kingdom. When Persis had come to visit it was because her father had some work to do with the blue rose kingdom's queen. And because my mother was the blue rose queen, that meant Persis and her family would be staying there for a while. Me and Persis instantly became best friends and we took an oath saying nothing would ever tear us apart. we were best friends until that dreadful day when Persis had to leave.  We said our tearful goodbyes and we decided we would be email pen pals. Our mothers agreed to the idea and I got to work.  A few weeks went by and I still hadn't heard back from Persis. I was getting worried and there was something I HAD to tell her. I sent her an email that said:

Persis, It's Jemima there is something I have to tell you and if I don't extremely bad things could happen. It's too important to tell you over email. Meet me at the purple rose kingdom in a week. That's how long it usually takes by flight. It's urgent. Yours Truly, Jemima

P.s
Bring your sword.


I went up to my room but this time I went over to my dresser. I pulled out an old faded piece of paper, a paper Persis had given me and told me only to use when I truly needed her. I opened the paper and into my lap fell a silver whistle with a blue rose and a white rose engraved on it. There was writing on the paper it said:

The one with the truest heart, is the one that can open up the lock,
The one who has a secret to share, is the one with the blue and white hair.

I read it over a couple times, then I blew the whistle.


2 comments: